From September 2018, electrical power consumption of all nodes in Lyon is monitored by new "wattmetre" devices from Omegawatt, enhancing old wattmetres previously available.
For each plug supplying electrical power to Lyon nodes, the wattmetre devices perform up to 50 measurements of the power consumption per second.
Their usage is described in the Energy_consumption_monitoring_tutorial.
Monitoring data from the old wattmetre server is archived and accessible under /grid5000/wattmetre-archives directory of Lyon site.
The mapping between wattmetre ports and monitored hosts is described in the reference API. However, some information are not present yet:
- Wattmetre 3, port 25 & 26: hercule cluster (the 4 nodes share 2 PSU)
- Wattmetre 3, port 28: "force10" network switch
- Wattmetre 3, port 29 & 30: wattmetre monitoring server
- Wattmetre 1, port 34 : Infiniband switch ("swib")
- Wattmetre 1, port 36 & 37 : gw.lyon router
- Wattmetre 1, port 39 : sagittaire switch ("swsag")
- Wattmetre 1, port 42 : albireo-a first PSU
- Wattmetre 1, port 42 : albireo-b first PSU
- Wattmetre 1, port 42 : alcor first PSU