This page is actively maintained by the Grid'5000 team. If you encounter problems, please report them (see the Support page). Additionally, as it is a wiki page, you are free to make minor corrections yourself if needed. If you would like to suggest a more fundamental change, please contact the Grid'5000 team.
screen is a screen manager with VT100/ANSI terminal emulation. It is the older brother of
tmux, which shares quite the same concepts.
- Start a screen session (creates a single window with a shell in it):
- OR start a linux command in a screen session:
- Invoke a screen control command (it consists of a "Ctrl + a" followed by one other character):
Basics screen commands are :
C-a C-c : Create a new window with a shell and switch to that window. C-a " : Present a list of all windows for selection. C-a A : Allow the user to enter a name for the current window. C-a C-k : Kill current window
Further options are available in the man pages.
- Detach from this screen terminal (program continues to run when its associated screen session is detached):
C-a d : Detach screen from this terminal.
- Reattach a session (brings foreground a previously detached session):
- Invoke a screen customization command (used to set options):